Netgear WiFi range extenders are also known as boosters or wireless repeaters. They play an important role in providing internet coverage all over your house when you experience no WiFi connectivity.
To get the internet connectivity in dead zones area of your house, let’s have a quick glance at the steps given below to set up your Netgear manually using mywifiext.
Mywifiext is the local web address that redirects you to the Netgear Genie setup wizard and provides you the steps to set up your range manually. In the event if you fail to go through the setup steps, then walk through the tips and tricks given below and configure your device without any ado.
Steps to Configure your Netgear Range Extender Manually on Windows
- Plugin your Netgear extender to the switch and turn it on.
- Connect the range extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser on your PC or laptop and enter the web address, mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Now, on the login page, enter the default username and password.
- After logging in successfully, the range will start the scanning process. It might take some time for the process to get completed.
- Post that, from the list of available WiFi networks, select your network name (SSID) and click on continue.
- A box will appear prompting you to enter the password or network key. Enter the password/ passphrase and click on continue.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the new extended WiFi network and click on continue.
- At last, click on the finish to complete the Netgear extender installation process.
What if you can’t access mywifiext for Netgear Extender Setup?
While accessing mywifiext.net web page, the error message like “you are not connected to the WiFi network” can appear. So, to troubleshoot with the issue, follow the fixes given below.
- Power cycle your Netgear extender.
- Use a different browser.
- Do not use the browser’s search bar.
- Recheck the URL you have entered. There shouldn’t be any typos in the URL.
- Check whether your Netgear extender is receiving steady power supply or not.
- Connect your Netgear extender to the router.
- Check whether your Netgear extender is up-to-date by the latest firmware version.
- Cross-check the extender’s login credentials you are using.
- Clear the cache, cookies, browsing history, and junk files from the web browser.
- Check if the Ethernet cable has cuts or not. If the Ethernet cable is damaged, replace it with a new one.
- Get connected to your own network (not public or neighbors) for the completion of Netgear extender setup process.
If you want to configure your Netgear extender using MAC device, follow the steps given below.
- Plugin your Netgear WiFi extender to the working wall socket and turn it on. Once you turn on your Netgear , wait for the power LED to become stable.
- Connect your Netgear to your router using an Ethernet cable. To prevent setup issues, place your Netgear extender and the router in the same room.
- The login page will display. Enter the default login credentials.
- Now, certain instructions will be displayed on the screen. Follow those instructions to complete Mywifiext login page displays.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, configure your Netgear, and get the uninterrupted speed of the internet throughout your house.
What if you can’t access mywifiext.local?
Clear cache, cookies, and browsing history from your internet browser. Update your web browser as well.
Connect your Netgear to the router wirelessly.
Ensure to use the correct web address without typos. Avoid using the browser’s search bar as well.
Thus, in this way you can easily set up your Netgear manually. On the off chance if you fail to go through the Netgear setup process given above, contact our highly-experienced experts via comments.