Why SEO is important
SEO has become a very popular topic in recent years. Creating a blog with WordPress is nice, but after that, it is very wise to make your website search engine friendly. More and more website owners are realizing what effect this can have on visibility in search results. You can get paid visitors through Google by advertising with Google Adwords, but you can also get visitors to your website through Google’s free search results.
SEO plays an important factor in getting high in search results. It can be just the difference to get a top 5 listing for a certain search term. You can get a lot of free visitors to your website through cutting-edge SEO Services and every visitor that you get for free can help you with the goal of your website for free.
How to do SEO on WordPress Website
These SEO tips will make your WordPress website score better than ever in the search results. Search engine optimization is no longer rocket science with the many useful plug-ins that can be linked to your WordPress website. If you follow these wordpress SEO tips and actually apply the tips, your website will score better than ever within a few months, if not a few weeks.
Read more: Seo Paslaugos
The basis: WordPress SEO plug-in
In the past, you could only use WordPress for setting up a blog, but now it is much more than that. This offers its users the possibility to easily manage a website and install plug-ins, which improves the findability of your website. Digital marketing companies all over are working to optimize SEO for their Content management systems like WordPress.
There are different plug-ins when it comes to optimizing your website. With this plug-in, you can apply basic SEO tips to your website.
If you have installed the WordPress SEO by Yoast plug-in, you get the option to optimize the page for the search engines under every page or On page SEO post.
Focus search term
This is the search term that you want to focus on that page. As an example, with this page we want to focus on the search term: WordPress SEO tools and tips. Let your focus search term appear in your title, description, page URL and also in your title of images and alt tags.
SEO Title & Description
The meta title & description of a page describes that the visitor sees in the search results. With the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin, you can easily adjust the titles and meta-descriptions of your web pages and you will immediately see a preview of what the whole will look like in Google. If the description is longer, Google will omit part of your description. Be as specific as possible and tell immediately what the visitor will find on that page.
In addition, with Yoast, you can also set templates for the automatic generation of titles and meta-descriptions.
Tips to Optimize SEO on WordPress Website:
Google looks at the structure of your URLs. If a page has a link like http://www.example.com/?p=123 then Google cannot see what the page is about. But if you give your page the URL http://www.example.com/blog/wordpress-seo-tools-and-tips-for-wordpress-websites, Google immediately sees what the page is about, namely SEO tips for WordPress websites.
You can set this with one simple checkmark in Google. To do this, go to the Permalinks page under the Settings heading. The permalink is set to standard by default.
Speed of the website
Since one of the latest Google Updates, the speed of a website has become very important. If you have to wait 5 seconds before a page is loaded, you tend to leave the website quickly and look for a website that is faster. Google has now realized this and requires that your website load quickly if you want to achieve a good score in the search results.
Among other things, having a good web hosting provider is one of the reasons, but to improve the speed of your website, even more, users of WordPress have developed a cache plug-in. There are several known plug-ins. We prefer the plugin of Litespeed Cache or WP Rocket. Both plug-ins are very good to use.
Internal link structure
Then have several pages refer to the page that should score better in the search results. You can do this by making relevant words clickable and having them refer to the relevant page that should score better. There are plug-ins for this too, but I do it manually so that you can determine the quality of the links yourself.
Crumb paths on your website
Crumb paths (or bread crumbs) are internal links that show which page you are currently on. At large web stores you often see a link under the header where it says: you are here: home – services – services name.
You ensure that the Google robot can navigate through your website more easily so that it visits all pages. With the Yoast plug-in that we highlighted earlier, you can also easily and automatically create crumb paths on your website. On the internal links page under the SEO heading you will find the code for placing the breadcrumb.
This is often a standard location where a website visitor expects to find the crumb path.
XML and HTML sitemaps
A sitemap is a page that contains links to all the pages that can be found on your website. With a sitemap you can be sure that Google will index your entire website and not just the most visited or popular pages.
1. The XML sitemap is a sitemap meant for the search engines. The best WordPress SEO plug-in of Yoast automatically generates an XML sitemap, but if you prefer to do it manually you can do this via the XML Sitemap Generator website.. Make sure you turn off the Yoast sitemap generator (in the SEO menu item under the XML sitemaps heading) if you create an XML sitemap manually.
2. For HTML sitemap you can use a WordPress plug-in. We ourselves use the Yoast XML sitemaps. This plug-in automatically generates an XML sitemap. Then enter exclude = “page number” in the code. You can find the page number in the URL of your own browser if you click on the relevant page in the CMS.
Google webmaster tool
A super handy tool that we ourselves have been using for years is the Google Webmaster tool. tool gives you insight into error messages, problems and ambiguities on your website. You can also see if certain links on your website refer to a 404 page and add your XML sitemap so that you can be sure that Google is indexing all your pages.
The Google Webmaster tool should not be missing from this list or from your list to optimize your website. The above SEO tips were mainly the technical tips to make your website rank better. Below are a few more useful tips that can have a major impact on your search engine positions.
Link building (off-site links)
Link building is an important part of making your website findable. If there are no links to your website, it is difficult for Google to determine the “value” of your website.
In the past, link building meant that you had to register your website with as many homepage daughters as possible. However, due to the recent algorithm changes by Google, that is no longer important. What is more important is that your website is often shared on social media and that you get a reference to your website from all qualitative websites (for example websites with the same subject).
Keep creating content!
1. Although backlinks ensure that your website ranks, it is more important to write good content (for example, blog articles). If something is right, website visitors will automatically share it. This way you get your free publicity and you also score well in the search engines.
2. Register your website on a few start pages (not too many, maximum 3 to 5 pieces).
3. Preferably make sure that the links you collect are websites with the same subject. If you collect links, then not only collect links that refer to the home page but also to other (interesting) pages on your website.
4. Try to place anchor texts with links. Not all websites (such as start pages) allow this, but apply where possible. Use different search terms for this. In particular, do not participate in exchange programs for obtaining links” This type of link works poorly or not at all and only causes a polluted link build-up.
5. Place a link to your website on all social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook company page, Google Plus).
Guest blogging leads to more visitors
Guest blogging is in addition to the ranking factor also good for your name recognition. It is important to choose blog platforms that connect to your target group.. There is some time investment in blogging but can have major positive consequences for your website traffic in the long term.
Promotion on social media
Social media is indispensable. Hours are spent on Facebook. Of course not really productive, but if you use social media in the right way, you can save yourself. Below are a few handy tips to help you on your way.
1. Make sure that people on your website can like, share or tweet pages.
2. Facebook, Linkedin, Google+ and Twitter are some well-known social media networks in the World. Make sure that you are present on the social media platforms where your target group is located. Don’t waste time on other platforms where you get minimal exposure.
3. Ask your website visitors if they want to share articles. This does no harm and provides additional free publicity
4. Automate your social media with for example BufferApp. This way you don’t have to publish articles every time but this happens automatically.
5. As soon as you publish a new blog article on your website you can share it directly via social media
6. Share articles once every 6 months. An article is not seen by 100% of your target group, so if you share it more often you have the chance that you will still address a part.
Optimize readability with Yoast
Note that texts must always be legible. It is important to Google that content is useful and valuable to visitors. If content is difficult to read then it is not pleasant for use. If you use the Yoast plugin you also have access to the readability analysis. This analysis gives you feedback on what could be better in the text.
Avoid these negative SEO factors:
Finally, there are a number of things to prevent here. Otherwise, it can considerably damage your position in search engines.
- Prevent your website from being difficult to reach. Good web hosting is therefore very important. Don’t choose the cheapest but the web hosting company with the most positive reviews on independent comparison websites such as The Feedback Company and Kiyoh
- Prevent your website from having 404 errors. Therefore, check regularly whether all your website links are still working properly.
- Prevent your website from being slow. For example, you can test this with the Pingdom Website Speed Test tool from Pingdom Tools.
- In the past totally hip, nowadays not done: Flash. Don’t build a website in Flash. Flash websites are not only found poorly in the search engines, they are also not viewable on an iPhone or iPad. Apple doesn’t block Flash on its devices for nothing.
- Copy content from other websites and place it on your own website. Write unique texts, do not use other people’s texts.
- A decent laundry list of points. Pick up what you can pick up and outsource the rest to professionals. This way you are assured of a good quality website that is SEO friendly.
Choosing the wordpress platform for your business is the first & right step to create an optimized site. If you follow these latest points which are mentioned above in the article will take your business to the next level in search engine. Additionally, with these strategies your website will generate more organic traffic, brandawarness, also improves the keyword ranking positions. If you think that you have extra tips… please mention below, I’m very curious about it. Because I believe that research will never end and it always gives new points and shares knowledge to everyone.